Friday, March 14, 2014

Trading Portfolio Holdings

Although I entered some additional market correlated (QQQ) long calls, these are always very short term trades for me (options), as far as the core positions, that portfolio of tracking stocks is 90+% short, as far as the probably more relative trading portfolio which is run like a portfolio rather than a tracking portfolio, I have 70% of the portfolio positioned (market correlated) short to the tune of 70%. The other 30% is in non-market correlated assets like a short on natural gas and one on oil and gold, I find it VERY hard to close those equity (leveraged in many cases by 2-3x) shorts for a short term move, in fact I won't I'll sit through it if I have to, maybe put a hedge position in there, but as of now, I've left it just as it is and those positions would include:

SRTY, FAZ, SQQQ and SPXU all long (3x short the Russell 2000, 3x short Financials, 3x short the Q's and 3x short the SPY respectively), as I said, the other positions are pretty much non correlated to the market.

So to give you some idea of what I'm thinking even fairly short term (options trades for me are always the shortest term, often a day to 3 days), which would be along the lines of swing trades or a bit longer, I just can't let go of those positions considering what I'm seeing in the market.

So I hope it is clear that the VERY short term represented by a couple of QQQ call options is no where near how serious I feel about this market and how bad it looks, I don't want to close these positions that are meant to use to trade around areas like this, I just can't justify it.

No comments: