Wednesday, April 30, 2014

VXX (Short Term VIX Futures) Update

As you probably know, yesterday I opened a very short term VXX $40 call (weekly) that expires Friday, so I'll be looking for an exit from that one as this is where we are likely to get the most movement before a pin on Friday sets in.

There's also a longer May (standard) VXX call with a strike of $43, I think that one will be fine.

*These charts were captured about 15 mins ago just before the futures showed some intraday negatives*
 VXX 1 min looks good here, right now it looks even better with a new leading positive high in 3C.

 VXX 3 min also looks good since yesterday's expected move below the intraday lows, the chart right now looks even better, not quite at a new leading positive high, but may be by the time this is posted.

 The 5 min looks good here since yesterday's move and right now it has hit a new leading positive high, if it weren't for the F_O_M_C, I'd likely be adding to the speculative VXX weekly calls right now.

* I may still

 The 10 min chart was impressive yesterday just because of how fast it went leading positive, it's in good shape here, it would have to move more for me to add to VXX weekly calls though as I already have the exposure and we have a very "wild card event" coming.

 The 15 min chart in my view looks a lot like a typical double bottom with the head fake move already in place, I'm not sure about the weekly calls, but I think the May Standard monthlies will be fine.

And the same for the 30 min chart.

As for VIX Futures...
The intraday chart was the last I captured and that's probably why it's looking better to the far right as the Index futures were going negative right about the same time (as I said, because this was the very last chart I captured so the most recent). There's not much change here since the capture, but again, it is the most current.

No comments: