Friday, May 23, 2014

FXI / FXP update

FXI is a current June $36 Put position, I still like it a lot and would consider adding here if I didn't already have the size position I want. Another way to play FXI short would be FXP which is the UltraShort (2x leveraged China 25).

here are the charts, why I like FXI short or FXP long and why FXP long (even though volume is significantly lighter), may be a better choice.

 FXI 3 min has not only not confirmed the move to the upside this week, but it is now leading negative to a new low today in a very flat trading range where distribution is often found.

This 10 min leading negative of FXI is one reason I think FXP might be a better choice as the options position (as I use them), may not be the best tool to catch the duration of this trade/position.

The 60 min FXI chart shows the same, this looks like a short of some significance as far as trade duration and a leveraged ETF may offer a better solution (as far as time decay and draw down go).

FXP.. signals are not as good here because of the significantly lower volume.
 However there's confirmation in the leading positive divegrence (negative in FXI).

We see the same and confirmation on a 10 min chart making FXP a tempting long at 2x leverage.

And the 30 min chart with a very strong leading divegrence.

The divergence goes all the way out to a 60 min chart, this is the trade duration I was talking about and if I had to choose again, I might just take FXP here over FXI puts.

I doubt FXP calls have the volume to be worthwhile.

No comments: