Tuesday, June 24, 2014

AAPL Trade Set-up (Longer Term)

AAPL was one of several stocks expected to bounce last week, in fact we had a Trade Idea for a small (1/4 size) speculative Call position last week (Thursday), Trade Idea: AAPL SPECULATIVE Call. I had not made a decision to take on the position because I don't think it's the best use of funds, I do think the probable set-up from a small bounce is worth a longer term or at least a swing+ trade.

Here's what we have now and what I'm looking for.

 This is the very near term of yesterday on a 1 min chart.

5 min chart

10 min chart and this is all yesterday. Of course this is not why I suspected a bounce in AAPL last Thursday ...

 This 15 min chart is one of the reasons, but I'm glad I didn't enter that call position, this is a typical small double bottom, I don't think this trade is worthwhile without leverage and again, I think there are better places to put the money, however, I do think this sets up a better, bigger trade that is worth it.

This is the 30 min chart that finally deteriorated as the 15 min has been in negative position for some time.

 The 15 min chart has been looking bad further back than I can show with the history here, but finally the 30 min chart above this one and the 60 min below, finally joined the 15 min negative.

 Here's the 60 min leading negative, I've been waiting on this chart for some time.

Here's where we are on a daily chart, there's a clear area of resistance, that's where the orders will be that they'll be gunning for, I suspect we will see heavy distribution on the 1-15 min charts as we move in to the $93+ area, I'll be setting alerts from $93 to $95 to look for that larger trade entry being that we now have the 15-60 min as well as daily and weekly 3C charts.

If you're interested, I'd set some alerts for price above $93 to about the $95 area.

No comments: