Thursday, June 5, 2014

Don't think GDX / NUGT / GLD move is going to hold

We've been waiting patiently for a place to open or add to NUGT / GDX long, maybe a GLD position, although that's a bit too much correlation for me.

Today's +5.5% gain in NUGT caught my attention as I haven't put out the position yet, but after looking at GDX, NUGT, DUST and GLD, I don't think today's move is going to hold, it's very much in line with the broad market and there's no confirmation in any of the above mentioned assets for today's move.

I was considering taking some off the table or maybe even a quick NUGT long, however I don't want to trade against the underlying probabilities so I think I'll just let it be for the time being, but in case anyone needs to take action, there's no confirmation in this move so I think it will fill the gap at minimum and likely return back to the range of the last 6-days.

No comments: