Monday, July 20, 2015

Quick Index Futures Report

I just went through 110 different Futures including Index futures, Currency futures, VIX futures, Gold, oil, treasuries, FX-pairs in multiple timeframes.

One of the things that is a prerequisite to any trade or market signal having credibility are futures charts. What a lot of people don't realize is that one effects the other so as I mentioned last week, in looking at something "seemingly" totally unrelated, there's actually a correlation between the assets and the broad market so you can get an idea that there's a solid object just out of sight or around a corner by the shadow cast not by the solid object (say the market), but by its shadow (say FX currency Carry trade pairs).

In any case, there are too many charts to put in to one post and I'd likely have some change in the market before I could get out so many different charts in multiple timeframes (confirmation and timing signals), so I'll be updating each of the most important ones in individual posts and show you why they matter, what has changed, what that means and why I think we were exactly on the right track Friday a week ago when we were looking for a bounce last week and that bounce lasting through the week inclusive of the reversal process and last Friday's Week Ahead forecast in which the bounce should be ending which makes me very comfortable with the short positions (and some longs) in expectation of the bounce ending and a more horrible downside move coming than we saw off the last bounce.

I'll try to put out enough charts so you can see the probabilities for each asset group, but not so many that you'll never get through them with any interest left by the end of the post, just know that they are overwhelmingly exactly what I wanted to see and continue to develop in the right direction.

the next several posts will deal with these which may also be of interest to traders of different assets such as FX, etc.

If something more important comes up while I'm doing this, I'll default to the more immediate information and post that.

I'm very happy with positioning and what I see.

No comments: