Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Trade Idea: Adding to UVXY Short

I know that this would seem to be an endorsement of the market long being VXX/UVXY move opposite the market, we do have a partial position long IWM calls and I am yet to add to that.

I am adding to the UVXY short because the charts look good, they are in place. While the market's charts are moving in the right direction, they don't show the same level of objective evidence as the VXX/UVXY/XIV charts.

Thus the only long exposure right now is really the UVXY short which I'll fill out now and the partial position in IWM calls, which I will fill out IF the charts jump in line and I have objective evidence to back up the trade.

Remember UVXY short is a VERY short term trade, it's larger overall divergence is positive, which overall is negative for the market.

No comments: