Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Quick Index Futures Update

Every day I go through a grid of the futures that I watch the most including: Index futures, VIX futures, FX futures ($USD, Euro, Yen, etc.), Oil , gold and Treasury futures and I do this in 8 to 9 timeframes for each future, for example the 1min, 3 min, 5 min, 7 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 60 min and 2 hour charts for ES (S&P E-mini Futures) and then do the same for NASDAQ futures, Russell 2000 futures, VIX, , currencies, etc.

The 3C charts for Index futures move a bit more quickly than the averages which is why I check them daily. They also tend to be a little better for timing signals when you get a nest of them clumped together giving the same signals.

Yesterday almost all of the TF/Russell 2000 timeframes were negative and scattered ES and NQ timeframes were negative with VIX futures seeing more positive activity.

Today there's nearly a full house across multiple timeframes in multiple Index futures, all have turned sour/south (negative). This is along the lines of what I was expecting for this week after initial early price strength on Monday so it's a good set of signals as far as validating the forecast goes.

I still don't make any moves until I also have the same with the averages, but I tend to find they typically move very closely.

I'd post some charts, but as I just demonstrated, there would be near 40 charts just to cover index futures, however I did think it was important to get this update out there.

No comments: