Wednesday, September 1, 2010

AAPL

Remember that I said to watch the leaders for an indication of the market's position. Here's AAPL on 1-5 min 3C charts.


Despite even the late day positive 1 min divergence, the position of 3C at that point is very negative. Look at the red arrow on the top chart, the distribution taking place while it ran for the highs of the day!

The 5 min chart, like the market is in a negative divergence, I'd call this leading.

The triangle size itself in the trendlines is a sign of a top, 3C didn't move up much at all on a good bounce and this is a leading negative divergence-major trouble here. Definitely a core position for me. I would hold this through even a bounce above the triangle-I'd add there too, but just to illustrate the amount of trouble this stock appears to be in-and it's a market leader.

No comments: