Friday, March 18, 2011

Market update and correction

As I told a member, I shouldn't be writing before I've had my 3 cups of coffee, I only saw the BOJ intervention and missed the G& agreement, so Fed retaliation is not on the table.



As for the market, late yesterday money was moving out in what appeared to be an abundance of caution, we have several major indices not confirming the gap up this a.m. I believe that they are (as is happening in most of the averages) letting prices fall back close to late yesterday's levels or partially filling the gap. I'd expect that they will start to accumulate back down there again essentially reestablishing the positions that seem to have been closed late yesterday.

 DIA-not so bad
 The Q's show the effect much more clearly, they and the IWM also seem to have been the strongest the last 2 days

Here the SPY is backfilling a bit

No comments: