Monday, May 2, 2011

LVS

Since I've received so many emails about LVS I figured I'd just post on it. First LVS reports tomorrow (pre market I believe).

 I'll basically tell you what I said in the emails as not much has changed. First the large triangle AFTER an extended rally usually is a top, after a decline, they are usually bottoms. Triangles this size are way too big to be consolidations. As you can see, LVS fell nearly 26% when the triangle broke to the downside. It's also not uncommon to see a move back toward the top pattern in what is termed, "A kiss good bye". For that reason, I mentioned in my mails that I thought LVS would attempt to hit $48 (the area of the triangle apex) which it did this a.m.

 On the hourly 3C chart, there's some accumulation at the bottom of the breakdown from the triangle, but 3C has failed to make higher highs and is no negative.

 We have a similar 30 min chart as well.

 And here's the 15 min chart, all negative.

This is this morning's 1 min chart and some selling into the $48+ area.

The idea here is pretty simple, if there's a leak that is known about earnings, then it would make sense for Wall Street to lift LVS, dump any remaining shares they may have had (they also made money on the way up as they accumulated at the bottom) and then short into strength anticipating a bad earnings reaction.

That's my take as of now, I'd just like to see the 1-10 min charts near the close to see if there is any strange action before the close.

No comments: