Friday, July 29, 2011

GLD Update

I had so many alerts trigger this is the first time I've been able to look at a hart, lets start with the GLD updates from yesterday. In the morning I posted this update with the following chart and commentary....



 However, as you know, our best divergence/reversals come when all timeframes are aligned, especially important is the 15 min chart seen above. There is no negative divergence present at this time, which makes me think GLD may attempt a rally close to the recent highs, that would give the 15 min hart a chance to go negative. The other possibility is that the 15 goes in to a leading divergence as GLD moves lower, but I think the first option is more likely. Reversals are rarely a clean U-turn.



The morning post was followed by some late day charts of GLD...



GLD 10 min 3C chart.


So now we have what I was looking for yesterday a.m., time to watch and see if we do get that signal. I suspect we will.

So far here's the 1 min chart, the 15 min will take some time to catch up.
I suspect a little pressure on the downside from the negative opening divergence..


No comments: