Monday, July 18, 2011

TLT/Treasuries Update

It was just last Wednesday, July 13th that I warned TLT/Treasury Bonds looked like they were in some short term trouble. Being treasuries are a flight to safety trade, if my theory of a market bounce this week pans out, the TLT should see more trouble.

 TLT in a major base, and the warning at the red arrow.

 Here's what TLT looked like when I posted the warning about a pullback. I rec'd TBT, a Ultrashort 3x leveraged ETF as the trade of choice on a TLT pullback. TBT is up about 5% thus far.

 Here was the problem I saw on the 30 min 3 chart, a negative divergence close to resistance.

 The 15 min chart confirms the same

Interestingly, I saw this trade as a pullback trade, but my crossover screen is now giving a short TLT signal as all 3 components are just aligning for the short signal to be given.

No comments: