Thursday, September 1, 2011

Member Submission Trade Idea- DHI (Short)

Some of our members are using 3C and I stopped giving out 3C freely some time ago, more or less because it has a steep learning curve and only members of WOWS see it every day and get used to t's readings, so I only give it to members of WOWS and that way I can give them the support they need to understand how to use it.

Any way, one of our members asked me to double check one of his finds with 3C and I liked it so much I figured, why not share it.

As many of you know, I like inverse and regular ETFs for their leverage, but there are some drawbacks and a pure equity short has some advantages, here's one advantage from an article at my other site www.Trade-Guild.net "Making More Then 100% on a Short". There are a lot of Wall Street perpetuated myths about being short, such as unlimited risk, when the reality s your broker will sell the position before your margin runs out and costs them money. The other is you can't make more then 100% in a short and that's only if the stock goes to zero, this article I wrote some time ago refutes that myth so take a look when you get a chance.

As for the member's ida, DHI-the home builder. Lets take a look at the charts, it was a nice find.

 DHI long term 5 day top, which was broken and pulled back for the kiss.

 Here's the 1 day chart showing the break of support and the pullback, there was an apparent head fake yesterday as well.

 The 60 min chart is still strong, so it fits well with my overall market perspective of more upside after we see some downside which I think we are about at that reversal now.


 The 30 min chart is negative

 The 15 min chart is as well, with yesterday's head fake showing distribution.

 The 10 min chart is in a leading negative divergence.

 Both the 5 min above and 1 min below suggest there's a chance for a bounce which would be great to initiate a short position, but even without the bounce, I still like DHI short right here.


Nice Find C.M.!

No comments: