Thursday, December 15, 2011

RIMM Earnings After the Bell

This has been one of our short picks, it did everything we thought it would over the last 4-5 months. So they report after the bell today. I don't like to look this early as GOOG we hit, but not until 15 minutes before the close, but lets take a look.

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised.
 A recent RIMM 15 min leading positive divergence

 A 10 min leading positive divergence

 A 5 min building positive divergence (market makers maybe stocking up?)

 A very positive 2 min divergence

And a positive 1 min divergence.

My guess would be that RIMM had something leaked, I don't know what they could possibly do right except for maybe guidance, and I have no idea whether the beat or miss, but it looks like the intermediate term action/response will be positive. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on price until the press conference.

That being said the 30, 60 and daily charts are in line which is negative, but maybe the 25 min will bleed strength in to those or perhaps RIMM is just going to catch a break for a bit, but if I had to bet, I'd be betting long on RIMM's guidance.


No comments: