Thursday, May 10, 2012

ES/FX Update

 After bouncing off the intraday low in ES on a 3C relative positive divergence, ES just hit a new leading high for the day. I considered waiting to post this chart until I see what is going to happen with the Euro, but I think it may be worthwhile to post it now and of course I'll follow up.

The diagonal line is the downtrend that has been in effect mot of the week and today's break above that downtrend line, which is the first time the Euro has broken above the resistance zone and held it the entire day. The Triangle should be obvious, I'm sure it's very obvious to FX traders as the $1.30 level is just above and this is the most important level in the near term. Thus far the Euro has completed what could be a head fake, it' pretty common in stocks (maybe 80+% of the time).

I'll update you on both situations and the rapidly unfolding EU situation.

No comments: