Friday, July 6, 2012

Sentiment and the right tool for the trade...

Today's sentiment report from the Twitter-verse...

Hi Brandt,

This is from one of the better traders:  my heart broken simply because my last day trade short position was stopped out with nothing. Now I hold nothing, so pretty much out of the game."

I thought I might give you a little volatility update, this is why some of the better traders out there are going bust, they aren't listening or don't have the tools to listen to the message of the market.

 Over the last 2 months nearly to the day, the SPY has lost exactly 0.23%, in other words, while volatility has increased, the market has gone virtually nowhere.

This is a representation of 10 day (2 trading weeks) average volatility or more similar to ATR, Average True Range. We went from about $1.01 a day on average to $2.21 a day on average over the last 4 months. The market movement from the left side of the chart to today, +0.31%

This is what I mean when I say "The Market will never make it easy". I think we've done pretty well, but this is an absolute washing machine or blender, just knocking traders out of the game, a ZERO SUM GAME.

No comments: