Friday, August 10, 2012

Opening Indications

I just want to address something I've had several questions about and something I'm seeing. First most of the questions revolve around, "Do you think the market will reverse by...?" or along those lines. Many of my recent responses have been, I think it has already started. Remember, I didn't say. "Wall Street isn't going to make it easy" for nothing, I didn't use that one sentence as filler for a post, I meant it, but sometimes we get so caught up in our own expectations of what this or that should look like that we miss what is happening right before us, this is not to say we won't see a huge move down, remember what I posted yesterday, a lot of mush moves and several key big days up or down.

Take a look at the QQQ...
 There are multiple negative divergences and the trend of 3C is down, forget all of the intraday noise in the QQQ and just look at the price trend, what do you see?

As for this morning, it looks like a gap fill effort, but 3C is negative on the open on the 1 min.

 Also neg. on the 2 min

 And the 3 min.

 DIA 1 min with an opening positive divergence, but not strong enough to migrate to the 2 min as of yet, just enough it seems to fill the gap.

 DIA 2 min chart neg. on the open, look at the trend. The price trend may not be as obvious, but it IS DOWN.

 SPY 2 min negative on the open.

3 min is about in line with price, but the 3C longer term trend for this chart is leading negative.

No comments: