Wednesday, August 15, 2012

USO Update

I'm very tempted to add to that USO position that yesterday I said, "I'll be patient and wait for the EIA report tomorrow", I'm still trying to be patient, but wondering if we are not "close enough" as this is not a stock, but a commodity that will trade all night. Here's what I see and what's holding me back at this second.

I certainly think this is a decent area to start a USO short/Put position if you like the trade and don't have exposure.

 USO did make it above resistance, this isn't the type of pivot I would really get excited about, but it is technically above the level, the problem is, it didn't cause a swell in volume and draw in the longs, that's a minus for me as that is the entire reason for the exercise.

 The 1 min chart is EXACTLY in line, it was leading positive this morning, I'd like to see it leading negative on an add to.

 The other charts stayed negative as I had hoped, the 2 min

 3 min

 5 min

 10 min

and 15 min.

I think I'll still be patient with it being I do have exposure already.

No comments: