Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Beyond the Election

Going in to closing trade there were some pretty ugly divergences on the negative side, 5 min charts, etc that wouldn't normally be part of an intraday signal.

However when looking at the longer term charts as we did a bit this morning, every market average and the futures are showing longer term divergences on the positive side.

You've heard me say it, "When in doubt, go to the longer charts". I'm not changing anything with the leveraged longs in position since last week. I'm also not going to react to initial knee jerk movements in the market (the same way I didn't on Friday), any changes in positions or outlooks MUST be evidence based, not emotional or gut.

I'll try to get some of those charts up, although I do need to get out and vote.

No comments: