Tuesday, November 6, 2012

FOSL Earnings

Over the weekend I was asked about FOSL who was to report this morning before the bell, they did.

Here's what I had to say to 2 members asking about FOSL as an earning's play.

Question: "FOSL reports tues morning .  You see 113-115  or 70-80 post earning?
thanks 

this is always a big mover on ER."

First Answer over the weekend:  As far as FOSL, right now to me it doesn't look much different than the overall market, maybe tomorrow it drops a hint before earnings, remind me tomorrow and I'll look at it again, but as of now it looks like most stocks following the market.

Second Answer yesterday: I probably wouldn't call this an earnings leak, but the trade that has developed today looks a lot more like strength is being sold, that can be nervousness in front of earnings. I just like the intraday trade of the market better than FOSL especially as the day has progressed.I personally don't see it as a big enough signal that I would consider it an earnings leak, those tend to really jump off the chart, but I also don't see the same amount of strength in underlying trade between FOSL and the general market as a benchmark. 

Note how the FOSL charts didn't show much before Monday/Tuesday and then the sudden change, selling strength...

 1 min selling strength this week, Mon/Tues.

 5 min chart

 10 min chart, note everything is in line until this week.

 15 min chart even had strength in September and this week a change of character.

 Again on the 30 min chart...

Finally the 60 min.

FOSL missed on earnings, they are trading down nearly -10% in pre-market.

No comments: