Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Opening Indications

So far the futures aren't providing anything too interesting. The averages seem to be in non-confirmation mode on the early open, but there are some interesting charts that have strengthened up since yesterday, I'll include some of the charts that are what I'd call, "out of the norm' and therefore possibly telling us something.

While guessing at the election is probably a fool's errand, I can't help but wonder if indeed smart money is a lot smarter than we give them credit for, I'm going to check out a few of the perceived winners and losers if either candidate wins and if there's something that stands out like the homebuilders stood out as the next big winner during the 2000 Tech Crash a full 2-3 years in advance, then I'll bring that to you, today is an opportunity to advance what we know so I'll be at least taking a look.

I already have my list of Bank Stocks, North American Energy companies, Pipeline companies, Green Energy, Coal, Defense, Healthcare-hospitals and Insurance.

If you want to submit a couple of stocks that you feel would be good barometers of either a company that would be hurt or helped by a particular candidate, go ahead, but please keep it down to a few and only the ones you think are the MOST relevant and we'll take a look.

One thing I did in 2000 was to buy Prudhoe Bay and watched that stock go up 700% (actually more) with a 15% dividend when I bought it, with Bush and Chenney coming to the White House it was an easy pick, if the President was a Corn Farmer and previously ran Corn Farms, I would have bought something corn related.

*I have a LOT to watch today so please keep your submissions to a couple and if you have a reason why that particular company is very relevant, this might be fun like the earning's leaks quarter we did.

As for opening indications...

 DIA 1 min is slightly out of confirmation on the open, yesterday however we saw some pretty impressive 3C action.

 The 5 min chart is nearly the same as the chart above, impressive action yesterday, not confirming early today as of yet.

 What did stand out was the 15 min DIA chart from yesterday which went in to a leading positive divergence and you may recall me mentioning that the action was on the longer, more important timeframes yesterday, this is a great example and it is above Friday's highs where the head fake to the upside occurred on the open.

 QQQ 1 min is also not confirming early action, but it's also not that far off, this looks more like consolidation than anything to me. I do wonder as the day goes on whether smart money's "Professional Networks" or another way to legally say, "inside information providers" have their tentacles in the exit polling and other key information?

 The 3 min chart looks much the same, because it is a longer and stronger timeframe I might expect some backing and filling or a consolidation through price.

 Again, of interest is the leading positive divergence on a 15 min chart yesterday. This is a big move in a short time on an important chart.


 SPY 1 min is not showing confirmation on the open either.


However again we see an interesting chart, this is a 3 min with a large leading positive divergence, we don't see the same above so I wonder if this might be a reflection of the SPX's Financial heavy nature?



No comments: