Thursday, January 17, 2013

AMZN Short

This is a partial position as well that I was waiting on, for one to break above resistance which it did. Being a momentum play I'd really suggest good risk management with some room, you can do that by taking on fewer shares in favor of a wider stop. This will also be about 2/3rds of a normal full-size position.

As for the charts...

 Long term 2 hour chart in a leading negative divergence, this called a bottom and a previous top as well.

 The timeframe I'm more interested in fro a trade, 15 min was perfectly in line and then a very negative change in character. I like these types of signals.


Near term the 5 min chart negative t the area where AMZN broke above the $269 area which is where I was interested in AMZN.

This is not perfect as far as the 1, 2 and 3 min charts, but overall, I like it and have no problem, especially with some decent risk management (YOU ALWAYS NEED GOOD RISK MANAGEMENT) there's a link on the top right of the member's site, "The Holy Grail of Investing", that may give you some ideas.

No comments: