Thursday, January 3, 2013

Closed Call Positions

These are the Call Positions just closed...

40 of the 75 Jan QQQ 66 were closed at a 222% gain


15 of the SPY Jan 145 were closed at 114% gain


And all of the Jan SPY 140 were closed at 52% gain.

For newer members, my preference is to be in option positions for the least amount of time possible and still make it worthwhile. At the first site of a pullback I'd rather close the positions and re-open them than wait through the pullback's draw-down as well as the time decay's losses. Ideally I'd like to be out in 1 or 2 days, it depends on how the position is acting, I figured we were still ok and kept these open overnight, but as some slightly more negative information creeps in early this morning, I'd rather close at least a portion if not the entire position. The more leverage there is on a trade, the quicker I want to be out of it.

No comments: