Thursday, January 3, 2013

Market Update

I'm glad most of us have short exposure built up, if this keeps going the way we planned, the hedges (call options) made money and protected the shorts and trend 2 should make those shorts very effective.

As far as adding to positions or perhaps puts, I'm a little sketchy on that in front of Non-Farm Payrolls, this is why the set-ups are strategic, not just simple trades.

In any case, I know the downside is tempting to chase after and we have some pretty negative charts as they have been developing that way all day as I have shown you, but Wall St. is sneaky, they don't make anything obvious or easy.

There are a few charts in the futures that I'd really like to see break down before I'd consider Puts in any size or adding to shorts (the 2-3x leveraged) in any size. For brand new positions, I can see adding some exposure to the short side, but I'd still not load up the truck until a few more signals tell us we are at a VERY high probability area.

I'll be putting some various updates up to give you some idea and ideas.

No comments: