Friday, January 25, 2013

Futures Manipulation

This one was easy to see a mile away as long as 1 mile= approximately 6 hours.

In last night's "Market Wrap"  I posted two charts of the SPX and NASDAQ futures as of approximately 8 p.m., they looked like this with the following commentary...

"Strangely we have some interesting activity tonight in the S&P and NASDAQ futures, when I see it I think back to my gut feeling since day 1 that trend 1 (the move up) reverses very fast, intraday most likely whereas reversals are normally a process, I have felt strongly this would be an event and a volatile one, so I don't know what the end looks like until we see the underlying signals, but the futures tonight are interesting in that context."

ES futures last night...
 "Since the day session  ES has put in an intraday leading positive divergence, I'd think it plays out overnight, but who knows, maybe even in to the European open?"


NQ Futures last night....
 "And the NASDAQ futures which I really think want to fill the gap, maybe get that chance as they are leading positive overnight. What's interesting is this seems to be a manipulated set up as no major markets or bond markets are open, but it is nice low volume and easy to manipulate, this is the perfect time. I'm very interested to see how this develops and where it fits."


Moving forward to just before the open, we see that the divergence I reported last night as price was down, but 3C showing buying activity in an easily manipulated area and positive divergences DID IN FACT RAMP AS 3C PREDICTED, BUT WHY? I have my suspicions.

Just as interesting is how negative the 3C charts are now...

ES Futures pre-market after ramping around midnight.
 A leading negative divergence in S&P futures....


NASDAQ Futures... 

They also ramped around midnight and stalled with a leading negative divergence.

We'll look at some of the overnight developments, but NONE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS RAMP WHICH STARTED LONG BEFORE ANY MAJOR MARKETS THAT WOULD INFLUENCE THE FUTURES WE OPEN AND LONG BEFORE ANY EUROPEAN DATA WAS RELEASED.


No comments: