Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Poking Around

The more I look around the more it look like everything just went short term hedged or basically a market that has no idea what to expect from tomorrow.

I've looked at a lot of assets, the theme is this short term kind of non-commitment to either side, but mid term and longer look very negative. The only asset so far I have found that I would consider an immediate trade in other than what's already open is short the Dow/DIA, whether that be short the DIA or long a 2 or 3 x leveraged bear ETF, that's a matter of risk tolerance, I would though plan my risk management to include this sloppy triangle and a potential head fake move above it.

It's not hugely obvious, but it's a major average receiving a lot of attention because of the 14k level so the triangle is pretty much a given, the way this one looks, if I was going to be playing another weekly short, it would be the Dow, but I think this needs a bit more room and enough risk management and maybe even a phased entry to allow for a head fake move above the triangle.

This is if you have to find something to trade, I personally already have some exposure there so I'm inclined to be more patient.

No comments: