Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Index Futures ES/NQ

As mentioned, the 5 min charts are the ones we are interested in, earlier in the week I noted the size (duration) of these 5 min divergences seems to be getting larger, which I hypothesized was an early sign of even more volatility to come, we will find out soon enough, but I am leading toward that eventuality and very soon, like on the next move in the chop or rather continuing the chop.


ES
 ES 1 min is negative right in to the open intraday

 The ES 5 min chart has grown larger and worse.

 As is often the case, the 9:30 open all of the sudden sends the market in either a huge spike in the pre-market direction or a huge reversal in the opposite direction, that's all part of the games I like to avoid in a.m. trade as it is more about running stops, triggering orders, etc. than it is about the market, here NASDAQ futures see an immediate 3C plunge on the exact 9:30 open.

The 5 min NASDAQ divergence is huge, I have no problem holding or even opening new NASDAQ weekly puts, although I'm starting to favor the next week forward considering my thoughts about volatility, this is huge compared to what we have been taking as signals for the successful weekly call/put trades.

No comments: