Thursday, March 7, 2013

Max Pain

This was a choppy, frustrating day if there ever has been one recently.

Earlier I mentioned weekly op-ex and I had not looked up the max-pain or the op-ex pin yet, this of course can change as tomorrow is another day and we only have the data we have now, but if this is close to correct, than we should expect a move lower tomorrow. It seems to me op-ex Friday's see an early move toward the pin and then are a bit more free to move during the last hour of the day.

Here's the max-pain or op-ex pin for tomorrow's weekly QQQ, SPY and IWM expiration, should we get a gap down, I'd be looking to get as much of that momentum as possible and as soon as it starts fading, get out, I can see it happening and being worth some money as the QQQ weekly $69 puts were worth over 20% at several points today.

 IWM weekly max pain $91

 QQQ weekly max pain $68

SPY weekly max pain $153

All of the above at max pain have enough ground to cover that the momentum would almost certainly make the puts worthwhile.

I'm going to cover another topic and update.

No comments: