Friday, April 26, 2013

AMZN Update

AMZN is a great example of how Wall St. views earnings, they crushed earnings estimates, but it's not about what you did, it's about what you will do and their guidance was a bit lighter than expected and that has sent AMZN down over 7% today.

The question now is, DEAD CAT BOUNCE? I think the answer is yes, but I think it is a VERY speculative play, you may have to be VERY nimble (even a day trade) and I really can't say what the best tool is in this situation as there could be a dead cat bounce and failure all in the same day (today), furthermore I don't know how much of this move is options-expiration related.

In any case, I do believe AMZN is building for a dead cat bounce, I want you to know that now so you can look for yourself and make any decisions, I'll be positing charts in the next post.

I think I might try some Calls (but VERY speculative in size) for a week or two out in expiration.

No comments: