Monday, May 6, 2013

I Think the Q's Are the first Short Term Put Play-Going to Open a Partial Position

I think there's a decent probability of some more upside gains, there are several averages that need to break their intraday highs, the Q's have done that, but the IWM and DIA (which may not) and the SPY is just getting there, could hold the market up for a bit, we still have treasuries and yields working to help the market, but as for the QQQ Put position, this would be in the money, about two weeks out (18th expiration) and half of the normal speculative size, leaving room to add another half at better prices if we get them and keep the risk down.

While there's still a lot to confirm in a scenario as complicated as last night's (Really not that complicated, but there are at least 3 areas we have to confirm as price reaches them to be sure, this would be the first), I think this is pretty close to a decent start. The SPY 24th Put from last week as well as the IWM already mentioned will both be left open.

I'll post the Put position as soon as I pick it, but as always, I prefer at least two weeks time on a position like this and in the money by a few duckies.

No comments: