Monday, June 17, 2013

Charts - Market Update

This is still a very complicated market as it was last night, it looked like it was giving a simple signal of a pullback, but in many spaces that has improved on 1 and 2 min charts, a lot of 3 min charts are still quite negative and the 5 min charts are largely in decent shape.

HYG however looks really ugly and I don't know how the market holds it together without HYG.

VXX also looks like it's going down in almost every timeframe in the near term, very strange.

I'm not going to commit to much more unless there are good signals like HYG or the market straightens up.

I almost wonder if some new "news" is circulating on Wall St. about the F_O_M_C Wednesday.

 HYG 3 min, the 1 and 2 or the 5 min on either side look just as bad so I went with the $94 put.

This is that sudden shift from what was a clear signal earlier as the 1 min SPY  shows a reversal showing strength. I'd usually think it was just for consolidation or to pin a price, but some averages have a 2 min or 3 min positive. With the VXX looking bad and HYG, it makes you reconsider.

 Here's the SPY 3 min, still hasn't made it to that timeframe.

The SPY 5 min is pretty close to in line.

Here's the IWM 2 min not showing any positive activity, while the 1 min does, IT'S VERY STRANGE.

Like I said, for now I have pretty low exposure and I'll keep it that way until things become more clear or unless I find an asset that is very clear as HYG was.

No comments: