Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crude / USO / SCO

Crude / USO shot up very strangely on apparently no news whatsoever, no currency catalyst, it just looks like an old school stop run so I intend to wait for the signals to appear of a high probability negative divergence which I would expect being this doesn't seem to have any roots beyond a stop run, then I'll look at either adding to SCO or maybe entering a USO put position.

 This is the move this morning, it's actually more parabolic than it looks here which will do the job and scare oil shorts and make them take a decision quickly which is almost always going to be based on emotion as the market is moving too fast to gather data and see if there's something real like the US and Russian Navy have some sort of escalation over Syria.

 Here's a better look at the emotional side of a stop run.

I just don't see much of anything behind this so for now unless I get different data, I'm assuming its a stop run and will wait for it to turn.

No comments: