Monday, June 10, 2013

Very Short Term Speculative Trades-Leveraged ETFs

I already double checked the market and I'll put out a market update right after this, I wanted to double check and make sure what I expected Friday and what I wrote about last night for very near term expectations, as in today, was still on track and they are.

Understand that these are speculative trades by nature as such short term trades, they may last today, maybe tomorrow, but you also have to be prepared to close them possibly late today, it depends on how the market develops so if you are not Regulation "T" compliant, make sure you don't get in to a situation in which you are labelled a pattern day trader in case you have to close a trade later today which I doubt, but you have to be ready for it.

Of course if you had to close the trade later today and wanted to avoid the day trade scenario, you could always just hedge until tomorrow, for example if you bought SQQQ and it went up today, but then looked like it needed to be closed later today, you could buy TQQQ as a hedge and close SQQQ Tuesday and not have a day trade.

These are speculative as well.

As far as Puts of assets like XLF (as I opened Friday) or XLK, etc, it's not my favorite idea here because there's not a lot of momentum, but they could work.

I think 2-3x l;leveraged inverse or bear ETFs would work well here for a quick trade.

Here are a few ideas, you'll get the gist.

 FAZ-3x short Financials looks decent, note the 3 min positive divergence, this is what we were seeing Friday and why I thought Monday would see some downside, it could be fairly ugly, but not that long lasting which you'll see in the market update. My best guess is in to Tuesday.

SPXU 3x short the SPX, also a leading positive divergence, this time on the 1 min chart, note the head fake move as well so these should be ready to move soon.

 SQQQ 3x leveraged bear/short the QQQ with a 3 min positive divergence.

 SRTY, 3x leveraged bear/short the Russell 2000 with a 3 min leading positive divergence and a head fake move as well this morning.

TECS, 3x short Technology.

I'd prefer sticking with broader assets like the averages or groups like Financials or Technology, you obviously probably don't want say SQQQ and TECS as the Q's have a lot of tech exposure and adding more just gives you too much exposure to a single group.

TECS and SPXU would work or SQQQ and FAZ. I also think UVXY would work pretty well here, that was also from Friday.

Market Update is coming next.

No comments: