Monday, July 15, 2013

AAPL Update, New Website Detail and Overall Character Today

I'm back, I don't want to come off as a whiner, but I hate needles. My mom worked for an ENT and they did allergy testing on me (because my mom worked there and it was free) when I was 8 years old. From what I recall they had something like a stamp with multiple needles and me screaming, ever since then I'll do nearly anything to avoid a needle. So when the  Phlebotomist told me, "I'm going to use a thicker gauge needle because it will go faster" how about just not saying anything!
 
In any case for the third time in two days an order (market) didn't fill, this time it was the AAPL long equity position which I intend to see through as a longer/stronger counter trend trade, but until it looks like it has pulled back and is ready to run again, I think it's opportunity cost.

By the way, one of the things on the new website will be a window off to the side that will show any positions that were opened closed or otherwise changed with a link to the post so you don'y have to go looking around for what may have happened.

 I was watching today to see if the 10-15 min charts got worse, this 15 min chart is worse, but it wasn't the greatest concern short term.

The fact that the divergence now spread to the 30 min chart tells me it's healthy, it's growing and sitting in AAPL as we get a move to the downside no longer makes sense from a risk and opportunity cost position.

 There's even some deterioration on the 60 min chart that wasn't there.

This is the overall tone market wide today that I mentioned earlier today, a sense of priority, things moving along at a faster, stepper pace which makes sense considering yesterday's article and the many observations made.

AAPL 1 min, I'm not so concerned with AAPL itself, it's just a way to show that this tone was pretty much everywhere to one degree or another.

 AAPL 2 min

AAPL 3 min

It seems to me late day. there was a distinct effort to distribute AAPL to some degree, not a trend change in the counter trend bounce (overall), but perhaps for the same reasons I wanted to close it.

Today's exit of AAPL Calls from Friday was near flawless, before any momentum was lost, the position was over for a 50% gain with 2 hours of market exposure, I encourage you to have a momentum screen like the one I showed you today as another tool to help out in these situations.

No comments: