Monday, July 15, 2013

TLT, IWM, IYT, HYG & VXX - SPY Arbitrage

The Q's are one that look a little more advanced than others today, the IWM as well as it is a similar concept to the IYT set up, but usually these aren't breaks that you have to measure, you can see them pretty well, they are means to change confidence and a little trickle doesn't do that.

Today the trades I'm most interested in are IYT short/Puts (add to Aug Puts) and TLT long (not sure if I want calls or a straight long, this is a long term position).

HYG and VXX are definitely being used in the SPY arbitrage to support the market, perhaps that's what that 1 intraday negative divergence in TLT that has me waiting on it for a better price is all about, but when I think about the kind of trade TLT is and the longer term nature, I'm starting to think getting in should be more important than possibly getting a little better positioning.

 SPY Arb lever of intraday manipulation is being pulled, so far only HYG and VXX have responded, TLT seems to be holding its ground which I like.

I was going to feature the Q's as the intraday damage there is clear and worse, but this (IWM) reminds me of the IYT position that I'd like to get in, I think we have time, I was planning as of last night to try to get most positions in place by Wednesday, but I'm more interested in putting a position in place when it looks like its ready to go.

 IWM in a similar intraday situation as IYT, the triangle in UYT is more obvious, but the IWM is more watched, the concept is the same though and the IWM started.

This is what we are looking for on these moves (IYT as well), the 1 min lower at the break above resistance.

The 3 min lower at the same area.

The 5 min clearly lower and a strong timeframe for that kind of move today, in fact in about 2 hours!

The 15 min was already in place so it's just short term meeting up with longer term charts and longer term charts migrating and getting worse so as you see the blue arrow I drew in, that's the kind of move I'd like to see here, at some point not to far off (perhaps tomorrow/Wednesday) the 15 min+ charts will look like the 1-10's I showed today with almost a desperate look to them.

As far as TLT. I do have to get blood work done and will be stretching it to leave here at 3:45 to make it (the office closes at 4), but  I'm not going to rush TLT, but I'm also not that concerned with the PERFECT entry on a long term position like this, I'd hate to miss it because of a few cents.

No comments: