Monday, July 1, 2013

AAPL Update

I think if you are trading AAPL options short term this is probably your last chance to get out with a decent gain.

I still have not touched the AAPL equity long position which is at  a nearly 3% gain, meaning  with AAPL's +3.39% gain, we entered AAPL long (equity) less than a half a percent off the lows, that' pretty darn good  and I'm not a believer at all in top or bottom picking, I'm just a believer in taking a position when the signals are the most favorable.

The point really is that the timing for an option position was right, but at the same time, I believe in a longer term trend in AAPL that an equity position is better suited for.

As far as the charts.... AAPL is an EXCELLENT example of what I mean when I say certain stocks like AAL, FSLR, MCP, etc, are going to show better relative performance as the SPY is up +0.54% vs AAPL at +3.35 %.

 AAPL 1 min intraday has gone south

2 min intraday doesn't show much reason to hold on to short term positions.

The 3 min is very clear as to what the intraday underlying trend has been.

Even the 5 min shows the same to a lesser degree.

Of course I fully expect to be in AAPL calls again based on this 30 min chart and the equity long is more based on this chart than the short term ones.



No comments: