Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AAPL Update

This is just because so many people are asking for it.

I can see a few potential scenarios that open up trades here, but I just see the potential now.

 The intraday charts were showing weakness yesterday in AAPL and the Q's I pointed this out several times and at the EOD in how much each had given up from intraday highs.

2 min shows the same.

2 min trend

5 min shows some weakness, this has been popping back and forth, if anything on the short side is going to come of AAPL for more than a quick trade, it needs to start here.

AAPL 5 min trend, you can see the recent changes from the chart above.

10 min with a relative negative, one of the weakest divergences, but the fact it follows that 5 min is interesting, although not actionable.

I'm not sure whether to make much of this 30 min beyond consolidation, I guess it depends on the 5-15 min.

Right now the 4 hour chart shows a solid trend and base in place which is at a stage 2 breakout.

AAPL should be traded from the long side for anything more than a quick trade, there may be some short opportunities like yesterday, but I think you really need to have signals that are screaming, not just negative divgerences.

Until then, I'd assume AAPL continues to trend up to lateral, I suspect it is in transition to turning in to a MSFT, both charts as I have mentioned dozens of times over the last year look almost exactly the same and MSFT lost the growth power after declaring a dividend.

No comments: