Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Closing TECL (equity long) & MCP (equity long)

In TECL (Technology Bull 3x leveraged), I'm just not convinced of any significant upside left, I'd rather take the gains and create some resources for new positions, shorting strength, adding back to core shorts that were closed because I expected a bounce and basically putting the portfolio in posture with the main or primary underlying trend is the MOST IMPORTANT task of all. I don't see TECL as being worth interrupting or delaying that task at this point.

MCP I actually still love, I have thought that this and a handful of other longs, could stand on their own feet without drafting the market, however (this is the equity long, not options), I think a pullback is likely and I'd rather not sit through the downdraft.

I don't fault any one who would rather just sit and wait it out, I'd just prefer to have resources available to put to work in areas where I think they'll yield the highest returns right now.

No comments: