Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Trade Idea: GDX / NUGT Long

This is likely the last time I'll bring up GDX as a trade idea, it's in a great spot, I've mentioned it because of that several times, but by this time you are either in the trade or have decided to take a pass, so this will be the final update until we get movement with Gold-miners (GDX or the 3x long leveraged NUGT).

 The intraday chart since a move below obvious support, which looks like an obvious stop run (head-fake) because of the divergence there and the obvious range of well over a week.

I marked the intraday head fake level because it would not be surprising to see that, we often do with rounding tops and bottoms (I describe the head fake of a rounding top to look like an "Igloo, with a smoke stack", the bottom would be the same just flipped upside down. $26.42 is the area that would have to be broken and although it seems bearish, in this case, it's likely the timing marker for the start of an upside move since the lower base is proportional and positive already, in essence ready to go.

***As I'm writing this, GDX is making that move right now below $26.42, if I do further updates on GDX they will just be to confirm the head fake move here***

The 3 min leading positive at the larger head fake  / stop-run move.

A longer term 15 min chart, so in my view this is good for at least a swing trade, thus my consideration of NUGT long rather than just option (calls).

No comments: