Tuesday, September 10, 2013

IWM $100 Call Closed

I intended to close this yesterday, however the system would not fill the sale, I just closed it this morning as it is the first chance I've had since the system being down yesterday to close the IWM call. I'll be reviewing some other calls/long positions and considering moving to a more neutral stance, raising dry powder to do either what was originally planned on a strong move to the upside or if by some chance there's still a pullback to the lower end of the range and a continuation of a stronger upside move, I see this as less likely.

In any case, the longs that were set up for this move are doing well, so I'll be looking at whether I want to leave them in place a while longer or take the gains.

The two main risks I see are 1) Uncertainty or 2) a Sell the News event.

Even if the US hit Syria overnight and it was a limited strike, essentially pronounced as over the next day, the market may very well sell the news, we got through a sticky situation, buy the rumor occurred this morning in pre-market, sell the news would be a natural event to follow.

*As always though, these are just thoughts, it's important to have objective data to back up any risks we take.

No comments: