Monday, October 28, 2013

EOD Market Update

I'll of course update you if anything dramatic changes, but as we stand now, here's basically what's going on in both the near term and the longer term which I'm defining as the cycle that started off the 10/9 lows.

I'll also say that the SKEW Index (which I'll have something to say about soon) and the VIX are showing what would be referred to as "Tail Risk". There's an assumption that because the VIX or VIX futures are in complacent territory that there's complacency abound and that' just not the case if you look closely, but that's a different post, the point is Institutional traders are buying protection as if they expect a market crash. More on that soon.

The intraday in line status is starting to change as I suspected, it's a slow grind, but it is getting there. I wanted to show some near term action and and some trend action as well.

 SPY intraday going more negative in to the afternoon

The 5 min chart and this subject of the 18th is really making me wonder what it's about, although I suspect China, tomorrow morning we'll have a better idea.

DIA min intraday is showing some clear breakdown from the last two days price action.

The trend here is as clean as could be with all of the cycles, this is a near textbook chart.

 The IWM has been one of the stronger of the averages, intraday some weakness is presenting...

The 10 min chart and even here the 18th plays dominant.

QQQ intraday change, interesting in front of AAPL earnings.

QQQ trend 5 min and the 18th again

ES 5 min, as I said last night, these are negative and stronger unlike the 1 min which can move around a lot.

ES 60 min

NQ 5 min (NDX futures)

NDX 60 min

TF 1 min futures.
TF 60 min with a clear trend.

I suspect the very closing 3C prints are going to be most important, but this is as close as I can cut it and get it out before the close.

No comments: