Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trade Idea/ New Positions: GLD / GDX Calls

I do see a difference between Gold and miners, although I like the GDX signal a bit better, gold is QE sensitive so anything QE related that moves gold may have a stronger pull in the yellow metal over the guys who dig it out of the ground.

For this reason I decided to split the risk and still treat this as 1 trade for risk management purposes, but it is split between December GDX $25 calls and GLD December $126 Calls.

Again, I see this as a counter trend bounce within a pullback in GLD/GDX, counter trend moves can be impressive.

I wouldn't have any problem with going with NUGT long and GLD or maybe a 2x leveraged long gold ETF, I don't know of any 3x leveraged long gold ETFs that have acceptable volume.

Charts will be coming, but the gist should be pretty clear as I have updated these so frequently.

No comments: