Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A.M. Observations

Other than Housing Starts this morning, the only other big event if the 2 pm F_O_M_C and Bernie's last scheduled press conference at 2:30, both events can be knee jerk movers, I think the Bernanke presser has the potential of being a lot more interesting than the policy announcement, it's always where I've gotten the best feel for F_E_D policy in the past and what the market thinks of it.

As for the Housing Starts, 3 months of data have been revised and caught up and it looks like a smashing success, but there's more than a few things that don't fot and because this is the seasonal adjustment period, it's almost as if they can input the number they want and have the data generated, I'll have to look more closely at this one before I swallow the headlines whole.

If I'm a little quiet today, you know why, I'll be looking for anything and everything.

Good luck to all.

No comments: