Monday, December 30, 2013

TWTR P/L

I absolutely love stocks that travel so cleanly inside the Trend Channel, we haven't seen many because we've had nearly 6-weeks of lateral market trade (sideways), it's hard to find much that has a stable trend in that kind of chop.

In any case, the trading position for TWTR was closed out this morning in hopes of establishing a new one at higher prices (a gap fill) and to protect an awesome 2-day gain with ZERO leverage. TWTR alone brings the trading portfolio up, just under +18% for December with no options (heavy leverage) used at all, in fact I set it up as a default that options can't be used, even if I tried.

So here's what we have, I wouldn't go long this, even for a trade (at least not with what I see so far).



This is the earlier closing of the TWTR short from last Thursday around noon. The cost basis (sold short) was $73.30 and the fill to cover was $60.45 which leaves a gain of +17.5% or just about 13 points in less than 2-trading days

 The 5 min Trend Channel from earlier today was hit, I expected it to be no matter what.

This 15 min Trend Channel, cleanly held the up-trend and down-trend, it hasn't been hit yet which is $61.50, but it will likely keep locking in gains and moving lower so I suspect it will be hit soon.

No comments: