Monday, January 27, 2014

Closing Update

From the way the 3C charts are closing, I'd expect tomorrow morning to be a pretty decent time to look at any short term long trades you might be interested in, the intraday signals should pick up where they left off tomorrow and that is pulling back to what may be the intraday lows and we have a rectangle bottom or a bit deeper and we have more of a "U" shaped bottom". Either way, if I was able to add tomorrow (Remember I will be in surgery tomorrow for skin cancer, but be back Wednesday) that's where I'd probably be doing the bulk of my positioning for a short duration move. I did not say a weak move because there's no point in setting up the market and then popping a weak move.

These moves are set up for a reason and to be effective, especially as the market starts to harbor more doubts, they need to be even more believable.

So that's going to do it for the moment, I'll take a look around and see what else is interesting.

I WILL SAY IN LOOKING FOR SOME LONG TRADING HEDGES LIKE THE URTY POSITION, I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH FINANCIALS AND REMEMBER I SUSPECT THERE MAY BE A GLBAL LIQUIDITY CRISIS SO THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THAT AND I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH INVERSE VIX FUTURES, I SUSPECT PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BID THEM UP EVEN IN A MARKET BOUNCE (COLLECTING/ACCUMULATING PROTECTION) AND THAT MAY BE THE REASON THEY ARE NOT PERFORMING WELL TODAY AND DON'T LOOK LIKE INTERESTING HEDGING POSITIONS.

SO FAR IT'S THE IWM AND QQQ, THE SPY IS THE WEAKEST OF THE 3, IT ALSO HAS THE MOST EXPOSURE TO FINANCIALS IRONICALLY.

No comments: