Monday, January 27, 2014

Trading Positions

I could close out some trading positions at a gain like SPXU, SQQQ, FAZ, etc. considering what I'm expecting (lateral chop for another day (tomorrow likely as a small base is put together and then a bounce), these positions would see draw down in such a bounce, but I feel I'd rather sit through the drawdown when I look at the big picture and have those positions open rather than not have them open and potentially miss a big move as we are not on the slippery slop, say Tuesday China's PBoC does something whacky that sends the market in to a tizzy, I want that short exposure, but I may enter a few hedging positions, I'm thinking about a gold short since it moves opposite the market.

I'll post that soon, I'm just looking big picture now, I don't think this is the time to try to trim too closely around the fat. VIX positions are different because of their character.

No comments: