Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting Ready to Open MCP Long Trading Position

I'm not quite opening it yet, I'll likely start with a partial position and add to it if it makes a head fake move, I may even add to the Calls, depending on the head fake move and if we get it. I do think it will be opened today though.

Here's what we have and remember, MCP is one of the few stocks that is NOT correlated with the market, it does its own thing so the market is not a concern, only the signals in MCP.

On the X-Over Screen, we now have a confirmed long, all 3 indicators are flashing a long signal, we have the initial pullback to the yellow 10-bar moving average as is normal and now 3C is giving strong signals, the base is in place, the only thing may be a head fake move which is an excellent timing marker and a better entry.

 The 60 min chart and longer, never went negative, it only showed a pullback divergence.
There's an enormously strong accumulation base and we are in the lower end of the base, not even close to stage 2 mark up so this is why I never touched the core long position, I just let that one hang in there through the pullback.

 The 15 min chart is leading positive in the pullback area, but we needed a few more timeframes and we needed the reversal process to be in place.

The 5 min chart is now leading positive on the pullback, this is always what we want to see when buying a pullback.

Here's the 3 min intraday chart leading positive so timing wise, it looks like MCP is prepping for a move. The yellow arrow would represent a head fake move (stop run) and where I'd prefer to open the position, but I would like to at least have a partial position in place and then add to it if we get a better entry, I always make sure my risk management reflects this BEFORE I enter the position, this is NOT dollar cost averaging, it's a tactical entry.

A closer view of the 5 min'

The 10 min

The 15 min.

I'll let you know as always.

No comments: