Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BIDU and IWM Put P/L follow Up

Yesterday I took about half of BIDU puts off the table as they were at a +70% gain and I wanted to protect some of those gains while I hedged out the rest with the QQQ/IWM calls which were in very small size, about 1/3rd of a normal options position.

Here's the P/L for the +70% gain in yesterday's BIDU position (closed about half).

This morning I said I was closing the rest of BIDU and IWM puts as there were substantial gains to protect and I believe that we'll get enough of a bounce in the market that I can add these back, even if we don't I still have taken significant gains out and still have plenty of short exposure.

Here's the P/L for the remaining BIDU position closed today and the IWM April Puts.

There were 15 BIDU contracts yesterday, 8 were closed for a +70% gain, the remaining were closed this morning for 85+%


The IWM April $120's were closed all at once this morning to protect a nearly +44% gain there.

Here's what the charts of each looked like around the time the decision was made.

 You can probably see on this 3 min BIDU chart why I took some off yesterday and then today at the lows a stronger divegrence so I closed the position .

As for the IWM...
Again, a leading positive divegrence right on the opening gap indicating accumulation of the gap, that was the reason for closing them and I want to do it in to downside momentum if possible as they usually lose value once they start moving sideways like they are right now.

No comments: