Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hedge Position QQQ / IWM Update

There are certain Puts like PCLN, NFLX that I have some room to add to, they are April and I think they'll be fine. I just took significant gains off the table in short term trades (my option positions are almost always considered or entered as short term) like BIDU and IWM puts, I do not want to be anywhere near net long, but I do feel it can't hurt much to increase the size of yesterday's small QQQ / IWM call positions that are meant as hedges to protect gains in active puts, the issue I have is pricing.

I may wait until they come down, if they don't come down I may skip them altogether.

The other option is to use leveraged longs like URTY 3x long IWM and TQQQ 3x long QQQ, however once again like yesterday, these are extremely speculative, we still don't have a divergence even as strong as 5 mins.

Here are a few preliminary charts this morning of the two and HYG still has a positive divegrence so I think we still get that move we saw forming late Friday and I think it still leads to the same downside pivot, but in the very near term why not hedge the Put's gains, maybe make something on a hitch-hiking trade and close them out and let the puts work again?

In my view, the divergences in AUD/JPY are going to turn, they continue to diverge from price and there's even some movement down now in the Yen.

 IWM 2 min

QQQ 1 min

QQQ 2 min

QQQ 3 min and this is where we stop.

The SPY still has no significant divegrence anywhere.

As for HYG, it is the one that is really staying strong and it's known for ramping manipulation, 2 min

5 min

And 10 min is as far as it goes.





No comments: